This course is aimed at new users of either the full blown package or the cut down equivalent - AutoCAD LT.
AutoCAD Introduction 2 Day
2 days would be required to cover these topics based upon a practical hands-on approach to using the software by means of drawing exercises that have been developed over the years for a wide range of drafting applications. We would also be happy to incorporate any specific sample drawings you may care to provide.
Delegates must be familiar with using a Windows based PC, a keyboard and mouse to a reasonable standard. An understanding of technical drawing concepts, maths and geometry would also be beneficial.
- Getting started
- Getting started and creating useful default settings
- Setting up the screen layout with the correct toolbars and palettes.
- Ensuring drawings are started correctly with metric settings and other file management tips.
- Creating and editing drawings
- Creating lines, arcs and circles and other everyday shapes.
- Using polylines to good effect.
- Using object snaps and tracking to draw and edit objects accurately.
- Using ortho and other drawings aids.
- Using the different methods to select objects in the drawing.
- Performing basic editing tasks like moving, copying, mirroring and rotating objects.
- Trimming, extending, filleting and chamfering objects.
- Offsetting various types of geometry.
- Using Grips.
- Drawing Organisation
- Using layers, colours and linetypes and understanding the bylayer concept.
- Matching object properties.
- Using the properties palette.
- Setting linetype scales in both model space and paper space.
- Inquiry Commands
- Listing drawing information.
- Measuring distances and angles.
- Hatching Objects
- Creating and editing areas of hatching.
- Creating and editing multiline and single line text.
- The importance of creating and editing text styles.
- Creating and editing dimensions.
- The importance of creating and editing dimension styles.
- Layouts and Plotting
- Setting up layouts using page setups.
- Creating and editing viewports.
- Scaling drawings.
- Plotting drawings.